Volunteers can make a difference at the New Art Center by volunteering at events and exhibition openings. We appreciate all of the help that our wonderful volunteers give to the New Art Center.
Please contact Jill Pizzuto by email at email@example.com if you’re interested in volunteering! In your email, tell us a bit about yourself- your interests, past work experience, volunteer experience, etc. Stop in and say hello, or schedule a time to chat with one of us about our Education and Exhibitions Programming, Special Workshops and Lectures.
Volunteer Opportunities at the New Art Center
- September 8th-16th, 10AM-6PM: Exhibition Prep. Come help us paint gallery walls to prepare for our next show! Stay for an hour, or whatever works for you!
- Oct. 23, 24, 25: Annual Fall Gala. We will be looking for help on 10/23 (Party set-up; cleaning, organizing, decorating!), 10/24 (Party set-up, creating name tags, greeting guests, assisting with our raffle, auction, etc.), 10/25 (Clean-up; moving tables and chairs, getting the Center back to its usual state).
- Gallery Sitting: Learn about the current exhibition, greet visitors and answer questions about the artists and work on display. Anytime Tuesday through Saturday, 1-6PM. Stay for an hour or two.
- Gallery Events & Openings: Help us set-up for the event, serve beverages, answer questions, and assist with clean-up. We could use help anytime between 5PM and 9PM, for any length of time. Openings are typically scheduled on Friday evenings.
- Gallery Installations: Help us paint, apply signage to walls, assist with lighting, etc. Weekdays, weekend and evening opportunities.
- Marketing Projects: Assist with our mailings, labeling, stuffing envelopes, distribution of marketing materials to local businesses, etc.
- Office Projects: If you have an hour or two here and there, we can set aside printing projects, filing and organizing projects, etc. – An extra hand can be a huge help for us!
VOLUNTEER REQUIREMENTS: CORI checks are required for volunteers helping during our normal business hours.
Internship & Job Opportunities